Pat Tillman -- medical examiners' initial suspicions
observer
2007-07-27 01:22:30 UTC
---
July 26, 2007 5:26 PM

Associated Press
http://tinyurl.com/2cu26z
---

Complete article:

Documents obtained by The Associated
Press show that Army medical examiners
were suspicious about the close proximity
of the three bullet holes in Pat Tillman's
forehead.

Those same documents reveal the exam-
iners tried without success to get authorities
to investigate whether the former N-F-L
player's death amounted to a crime.

The doctors names were blacked out on
the document. They said that the bullet holes
were so close together that it appeared the
Army Ranger was cut down by an M-16 fired
from a mere ten yards or so away.

Ultimately, the Pentagon did conduct a crim-
inal investigation, and asked Tillman's com-
rades whether he was disliked by his men
and whether they had any reason to believe
he was deliberately killed.

The Pentagon eventually ruled that Tillman's
death at the hands of his comrades was a
friendly-fire accident.

The medical examiners' suspicions were
outlined in 23-hundred pages of testimony
released to the A-P this week by the Defense
Department in response to a Freedom of
Information Act request.

--- end of article ---
observer
2007-07-28 11:42:35 UTC
Post by observer
---
July 26, 2007 5:26 PM
Associated Press
http://tinyurl.com/2cu26z
---
[...]
The murder of an American hero?

ARMY 'LIED OVER FOOTBALL STAR DEATH'

By Anton Antonowicz Us Correspondent,
In New York 28/07/2007
http://tinyurl.com/26ebkh
---

Complete article:

A US soldier hailed a hero after he was
killed in action may have been murdered
by a comrade and the truth covered up,
shock evidence suggests.

Military chiefs claimed the former American
football star Pat Tillman, 27, was shot dead
by al-Qaeda in Afghanistan and gave him
posthumous medals - before admitting it
was friendly fire.

Now previously secret official papers with
medics' testimony indicate he may have
been deliberately shot by a comrade 10
yards away.

They also tell how Army lawyers sent emails
praising one other for preventing a criminal
probe.

And a general told investigators 70 times
he could not recall what happened. The
revelations are a blow to George Bush's
war effort. Congress will now probe how
high the cover-up went in his government.

Doctors' suspicions were aroused by three
bullet holes close together in Tillman's fore-
head after his 2004 death. One told investi-
gators: "The medical evidence did not match
up with the scenario as described."

The Department of Defense dossier also
says soldier Bryan O'Neal - who claimed he
saw the Ranger die in friendly fire - told a
chaplain they had a row in Tillman's last
moments.

The cleric said as O'Neal lay on the ground
panicking, Tillman swore at him and snapped:
"God's not going to help you. You need to do
something for yourself, you snivelling..."

Tillman's mum Mary, who has long feared the
£2million a year Arizona Cardinals player was
deliberately killed, said yesterday: "It's about
justice for Pat and for other soldiers. The
nation has been deceived."

In April, Private Jessica Lynch, 23, revealed
Army chiefs lied about her escape from Iraq
to make her a hero.

--- end of article ---
b***@yahoo.com
2007-07-28 11:56:56 UTC
Post by observer
Post by observer
---
July 26, 2007 5:26 PM
Associated Press
http://tinyurl.com/2cu26z
---
[...]
--- end of article ---- Hide quoted text -
Bush lied about Tilman

Bush lied about Jessica Lynch

Bush lied about WMDs

Bush lied about yellow cake

Bushlyed
Al Mundy
2007-07-28 12:56:35 UTC
Post by b***@yahoo.com
Bush lied about Tilman
Bush lied about Jessica Lynch
Bush lied about WMDs
Bush lied about yellow cake
It does seem to be a trend, doesn't it?

If this administration said the sun was going to rise tomorrow, I would
start stocking up on candles and flashlights.
James Farrar
2007-07-29 01:36:07 UTC
A politician lied? Amazing. I'm stunned.
Al Mundy
2007-07-29 01:47:31 UTC
Post by James Farrar
Post by Al Mundy
Post by b***@yahoo.com
Bush lied about Tilman
Bush lied about Jessica Lynch
Bush lied about WMDs
Bush lied about yellow cake
It does seem to be a trend, doesn't it?
A politician lied? Amazing. I'm stunned.
For most of them, only one out of ten words is a lie.

Bush can barely get his name out without one.
James Farrar
I believe that you believe that.
b***@yahoo.com
2007-07-29 11:28:42 UTC
Post by Al Mundy
Post by James Farrar
Post by Al Mundy
Post by b***@yahoo.com
Bush lied about Tilman
Bush lied about Jessica Lynch
Bush lied about WMDs
Bush lied about yellow cake
It does seem to be a trend, doesn't it?
A politician lied? Amazing. I'm stunned.
For most of them, only one out of ten words is a lie.
Bush can barely get his name out without one.
I believe that you believe that.- Hide quoted text -
He believes that because it is TRUE
James Farrar
2007-07-31 00:41:29 UTC
Post by b***@yahoo.com
Post by Al Mundy
Post by James Farrar
Post by Al Mundy
Post by b***@yahoo.com
Bush lied about Tilman
Bush lied about Jessica Lynch
Bush lied about WMDs
Bush lied about yellow cake
It does seem to be a trend, doesn't it?
A politician lied? Amazing. I'm stunned.
For most of them, only one out of ten words is a lie.
Bush can barely get his name out without one.
I believe that you believe that.- Hide quoted text -
He believes that because it is TRUE
I believe that *you* believe *that*, but it's equally untrue.

FU set.
Venger
2007-07-28 14:16:19 UTC
Post by observer
Post by observer
---
July 26, 2007 5:26 PM
Associated Press
http://tinyurl.com/2cu26z
---
[...]
So very, very odd. What did Tillman run into? Why the absurdity around
his death? I doubt anyone will ever really know what happened, it's
tragic that his death turned into a farce. Even friendly fire is an
honorable death for a solider in combat, but this makes precious little
sense...

Venger
will(from the reality based community)
2007-07-29 19:53:22 UTC
Post by Venger
Post by observer
Post by observer
---
July 26, 2007 5:26 PM
Associated Press
http://tinyurl.com/2cu26z
---
[...]
One of the things that bothers me is that everything has become
oversimplified. I don't know if that is unique to our partisan
propaganda era or not, but it certainly seems prevalent. The extremes
seem to set the tone.

No matter what the topic, there's no room for criticism or even a well
reasoned, nuanced position. Sadly, a well reasoned, nuanced position
is usually the best one.

Let's take the military. I'd argue that there are some bad people in
the military and it is getting worse because of the manpower needs due
to the war. While that would be dismissed out of hand by the folks
that think the military is heroic, the truth is a little more complex.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/07/28/eveningnews/main3107316.shtml?source=RSSattr=HOME_3107316

I think Tillman probably was killed by a bad guy in an elite outfit
and that the military can't afford to undo the propaganda work they've
done by admitting the truth.

If they admit that the military is a place where a good guy can get
killed by bad guys in the US uniform, it makes people think rather
than react. Right now, people are reacting. The image of the military
is positive, so people react positively. If they start really
thinking, the propaganda (sales pitch) isn't as effective.

Would you send your son into a situation where gangs thrive or would
you think twice? Would your view of the military change if you knew
gang members were recruiting there? Would you be more likely to think
"a pox on their house" and throw the baby out with the bath water?

Propaganda and advertising are bad for democracy.
Duncan
2007-09-04 09:08:43 UTC
Post by will(from the reality based community)
I think Tillman probably was killed by a bad guy in an elite outfit
and that the military can't afford to undo the propaganda work they've
done by admitting the truth.
The most likely scenerio is that there was a fire-fight. Someone standing
next to Tillman panicked, was holding down the trigger of his gun while in
full-automatic mode, turned while still shooting & hit Tillman.
During the American Civil War, there where quite a few incidents of soldiers
continuously 're-loading' their rifles even though they never fired a shot.
After the battle they would have a gun-barrel full of 6 or 7 unfired shots.
Strange things always happen in battle during the heat of the moment. One
never knows how One will handle the life-or-death stressful situation until
One is there in the heat of the moment.
The next time the USA has a War or Conflict, they should just ban & bar all
media coverage from the War Zone. You can not successfully fight & win a war
with a Free-Media just looking for sensationalism or with the involvement
political partisanship from either party... or as Iraq, Veitnam & Korea have
shown, bad political leadership.
The Tillman incident should have been over & done with a long time ago with
a simple letter to his Mother/Family : "Your son was killed in combat. He
died an honerable death while serving his country. We sincerely regret your
loss and extend our deepest sympathies to you."

End of Story.
will(from the reality based community)
2007-09-04 12:38:44 UTC
Post by Duncan
Post by will(from the reality based community)
I think Tillman probably was killed by a bad guy in an elite outfit
and that the military can't afford to undo the propaganda work they've
done by admitting the truth.
The next time the USA has a War or Conflict, they should just ban & bar all
media coverage from the War Zone. You can not successfully fight & win a war
with a Free-Media just looking for sensationalism or with the involvement
political partisanship from either party... or as Iraq, Veitnam & Korea have
shown, bad political leadership.
So they need the ability to make bad decisions secretly?

You guys are idiots. There is no sensationalism. Show the dead and
maimed. That's not sensational, that's the reality of war.